StickerGiant is an essential business that provides high-quality stickers and labels, fast turnaround, and excellent customer service. Our mission is to create a good company to work for which leads to happy, healthy Giants. We are guided by our values; All In, Grow & Learn, Positive Energy. We value and embrace the diversity of identities, experiences, thoughts, needs, and approaches. We communicate frequently and transparently which allows our employees to see, experience, and take ownership of our shared success together.
The Preflight LeadIs the StickerGiant expert on all technologies and processes from order submission to the item hitting the press. You know it all,from proofing to layouts and roll building. You will evaluatecustomer art files and creates print ready proofs for production. You believe all images should be clean, sharp and intentional, sometimes this means rebuilding the files to ensure high quality output. Your mathematical brain and sharp eye work in tandem to finalize and perfect digital images, setting them up for press. You are a critical thinker and are motivated by leveling up your team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates digital proofs for custom stickers and labels while adhering to production guidelines
- Provides art enhancements such as rebuilding, upscaling, touching up images, color corrections, color matching and more
- Creates item layouts for proofs, and manages roll sorting prior to items hitting the press
- Provide support for GPAs and preflight operators, training and assisting on difficult files, and submitting bug ticket whererequired
- Supports the development of each team member through training, coaching and mentoring
- Listens, reflects, and responds to team member issues in a timely, forthright and thoughtful manner
- Keeps timely and detailed documentation for all Giants such as performance management, career planning, processes, etc.
- Outputs a high volume of proofs and layouts (average daily jobs range of 70-120+)
- Communicates art issues directly to customer, and via customer service; direct customer communication required
- Exploresand iniatitescontinuous improvement ideas regarding the team’s workflow
- Remains adaptable to the introduction of new products and processes driven by StickerGiant’s business strategy
- Understand and demonstrate StickerGiant core values while interacting with customers, team members and leaders; all in for the greater good, grow and learn, positive energy
- Additional asks as required by business
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree or trade certification preferred
- 5+ years in a print production, preflight, graphic design or graphic production environment or related work experience
- Adobe Certified Professional (Illustrator& Photoshop) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc)
- Intermediate math skills; ability to calculate dimensions on customer artwork
- Understand color spectrum, complimentary color relationships and spatial proportions in order to evaluate digital graphic images for customers
- Speed and agility when producing electronic print-ready files
- Commitment to customers by effectively solving problems quickly and effectively
- Adaptability to work under pressure, sometimes with competing deadlines and schedules
- Strong communicator and ability to navigate situations with diplomacy
- Continual learner interested in ongoing education and training within the field
POSITION SCHEDULE DETAILS
- Full-time position non-exempt
- Schedule spans Monday - Sunday (40 hours/week) and is subject to change based on business needs. Scheduled time may include weekend days.
- Overtime is NOT required but is available as needed to support our business
- This position is considered hybrid; flexible days onsite and remote during the week. Offices are located in Longmont, CO
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Core Benefits:
- Health, dental, vision offered at reduced rates. Options for PPO or High Deductible for health coverage.
- High-deductible health plan enrollees will receive an annual company contribution towards your HSA: $600 per employee, and an additional $400 for enrolled dependent(s)
- Life insurance and short-term disability insurance covered at 100%
- Voluntary benefits include accident & critical illness, long-term disability, identity theft insurance
- Paid TimeOff: 2weeks vacation (increases with tenure) + paid holidays + floating holidays + sick days
- PaidLeave: Paid maternity leave for employees who qualify for FMLA, as well as parental leave
- 401(k): StickerGiant contributes 5% as follows: a guaranteed 3% contribution + additional match up to 2% of your contribution
- BonusProgram: Bonuses are provided based on achievement of annual financial goals for the company
- ProfessionalDevelopment: We provide opportunities for attending conferences, obtaining and/or renewing certifications, and participating in workshops and will tailor-make your career development plan with you
STICKERGIANT WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- This position requires the employee to remain in a seated or standing (we have sit/stand desks) position for prolonged hours. The workstation for this role is in an open cubicle/workspace area.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- StickerGiant is committed to providing a happy, healthy, and safe working environment for our Giants (i.e. employees). We have addressed COVID-19 safety risks proactively which include adhering to proper/recurring cleaning procedures, and the proper use of optional protective clothing and equipment.
We care a great deal about creating an environment where all Giants can bring their whole selves to work and to provide all candidates with an equitable, inclusive and accessible recruitment process in alignment with our values. At StickerGiant, we provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, national origin, citizenship status, political opinion, social group, ethnic origin, marital status, union affiliation, union sympathy, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all conditions of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. If you prefer accommodation during the recruiting process, or you have feedback about your candidate experience at StickerGiant, please Human Resources.